All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionFamously reclusive and yet an undying source of inspiration for generations of readers, Salinger is one of the greatest mysteries of American literature. This is the first comprehensive collection of writings about J. D. Salinger and his work, an amalgam of over fifty years' worth of attempted interviews, documented sightings, unauthorized profiles, and stifled cries of devotion, as well as the best of the book reviews. If You Really Want to Hear About It includes a never-before-published retrospective by Joyce Maynard, whose 1997 memoir, which documented her year-long affair with Salinger when she was sixteen-years-old, caused a rupture in the literary establishment. Contributors include Betty Eppes, Michiko Kakutani, Alfred Kazin, Joyce Maynard, Mary McCarthy, Arthur Mizener, George Plimpton, Joanna Smith Rakoff, Ron Rosenbaum, Margaret Salinger, John Updike, Eudora Welty, Jonathan Yardley and many others.
- Author BiographyThe twelth of thirteen children from San Francisco, Catherine Crawford's upbringing in no way resembled that of Franny Glass. She works as a literary agent and lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and two-year-old daughter.
- PublisherThunder's Mouth Press
- Date of Publication23/05/2006
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThunder's Mouth Press
- Weight414 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCatherine Crawford
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.