All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionMost historians trace the origins of the Continental Navy to George Washington's official inauguration of the Federal Navy in 1793, but the story actually begins years earlier: in 1775, at the advent of the American Revolution. In If By Sea, historian George C. Daughan uses decades of primary research to brilliantly trace the navy's little-recognized origins, showing that the battles of Lexington and Concord,as well as many subsequent battles, including Bunker Hill, New York, and Philadelphia,cant be fully understood without taking the role of naval power into account.
- Author BiographyGeorge C. Daughan holds a Ph.D. in American History and Government from Harvard University and is a member of the American Historical Association, the National Maritime Historical Society, the North American Society for Oceanic History, and the Maine Historical Society. He resides in Portland, Maine.
- Author(s)George C. Daughan
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication04/10/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Reading AgeFrom 13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.