All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an essential guide to ignition and timing, for classic car owners and restorers. Aimed at both keen amateurs and professionals alike, Ignition and Timing covers the history and evolution of the automotive ignition system, and how to fit, modify and maintain your system for optimum timing and maximum performance. Topics covered include understanding and fault-testing the coil ignition system; post-war distributors and aftermarket systems; how to fit electronic ignitions and modify the distributor, including twin-point distributors; rebuilding and maintenance; Lucas, Delco and Bosch systems; identification charts for your distributor and finally, how to achieve optimum timing and how to use a timing light.
- Author BiographyFrom childhood, Colin Beever's main interests were cars and motor racing. In 1983 he joined a company supplying Lucas electrical products for classic British cars and made ignition his speciality. Through working closely with Lucas technical department, sorting out problems they had with early vintage distributors, Colin gained a wealth of knowledge and technical information, leading to his founding Retro Classic Car Parts Ltd, www.retroclassiccarparts.com.
- Author(s)Colin Beever
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/06/2015
- SubjectVehicle Maintenance & Manuals
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note90 colour photographs 10 diagrams
- Weight278 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.