All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn her third and final book in the English in Canada series, Lucille Campey provides an overview of the great exodus from England to Canada that peaked in the early twentieth century. Drawing on wide-ranging documentary and statistical sources, Campey traces this major population movement on a region-by-region basis. Widely igred in the past as an immigrant group, the English are w being given the attention they deserve. Campey reveals their outstanding contribution to Canada's settlement and subsequent development and challenges the assumption that English Canadians were a privileged elite. In fact, most came from humble backgrounds. The book is essential reading for genealogists and general readers wishing to appreciate why the English immigrated to Canada and the ermity of their achievements.
- Author BiographyLucille H. Campey was born in Ottawa. A professional researcher and historian, she has a master's degree in medieval history from Leeds University and a Ph.D. from Aberdeen University in emigration history. She is the author of eight books on early Scottish emigration to Canada and one on English emigration to Canada. She lives near Salisbury in Wiltshire, England.
- Author(s)Lucille H. Campey
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication13/09/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight577 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.