All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionStuart offers the most thorough discography of the works and recordings of Igor Stravinsky to date as well as a chronicle of the composer's recording career. As the first discography to list all of Stravinsky's recorded compositions, including concert and broadcast performances, both pre- and post-World War II, as well as all LP issues, this volume displays the wide range of Stravinsky's talent. The significance of Robert Craft's contribution to the continued exposure of Stravinsky's works after 1948 is well documented, as are the pia performances recorded by Stravinsky's son. A lengthy introductory essay traces Stravinsky's recording history from his early use of the piala through the advent of more sophisticated musical techlogy which enabled the composer to become the composer-performer. The discography itself lists 191 studio performances, catalogs recorded issues, and details unpublished recordings. The chrological index of Stravinsky's compositions which follows is cross-referenced to the recordings already cited, thereby showing each recording relative to the date of the work's composition. This extensive listing of recordings, combined with the narrative account of Stravinsky's recording history provides the collector with a valuable updated guide to almost all of the composer's works.
- Author BiographyPHILIP STUART earned his M.A. in History from Oxford University's Worcester College in 1970 and specializes in the production of discographies.
- Author(s)Philip Stuart
- Date of Publication21/05/1991
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDiscographies: Association for Recorded Sound Collections Discographic Reference
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 45
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight335 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.