All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere, Kochilas will marry lore to lesson and recipe to interview: we'll meet a 101-year-old weaver - the best on the island - and taste the combinations of herbs that he cooks with and that he believes give him life. We'll learn about the life-giving benefits of delicious salads both raw and cooked, the gorgeous breads and savoury pies that are a part of every meal, the bean dishes that are passed down through generations, and the seafood that is at the root of the Ikarian culinary culture. Filled with mouthwatering recipes and remarkable stories, this book will introduce many people to food as life, as only the Ikarians kw it.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author DIANE KOCHILAS divides her time between New York, Athens, and her family's ancestral island, Ikaria, where she and her husband, Vasilis Stenos, run the Glorious Greek Kitchen cooking school. She has written 18 books on Greek cuisine. Her latest book, The Country Cooking of Greece, was hailed by the Virtual Gourmet as her masterpiece and the Best Cookbook of 2012. She lives in Athens and New York City.
- Author(s)Diane Kochilas,Vassillis Stenos
- PublisherRodale Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationEmmaus
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRodale Press Inc.
- Content Note50 full colour photographs
- Weight1179 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.83
- AU $24.75Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $39.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.