Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn late 2013, photographer Stephan Wurth embarked on a whirlwindroad trip, winding his way across Burundi, a small landlocked nation in the heart of East Africa. Snapping images on a hidden iPhone during his journey, Wurth portrays everyday life in the impoverished country, from the bustling open-air markets of its capital, Bujumbura, to the plantations of sweet banana and coffee deep in the country's foothills. The photographs highlight the integral role the bicycle-or ikinga -plays in Burundi's culture. With a candid eye that recalls Walker Evans' surreptitious subway shots of New York in the 1930s, Wurth's photographs reveal a lively, resourceful and entrenched bicycle culture that is vital t only to Burundi's ecomy, but also to the daily survival of its countrymen. At times playful and intimate, Ikinga is a bold meditation upon the power of creativity and improvisation during times of great difficulty.
- Author(s)Joseph Akel,Stephan Wurth
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2016
- Weight640 g
- Width240 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.