All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionJoin Kris Wilson, a working cowboy and founder of Western Faithbook, on a 40-day journey of transformation, hope, and grace. For cowboys there is a set of unwritten rules kwn as cowboy etiquette. Not all the rules are the same, and often they will be different from outfit to outfit. However, one thing remains the same. The rules are deeply rooted in a respect for one ather and the quality by which they perform their job or trade. Respect amongst a group of men or cowboys is earned and t bestowed. By spending just a few minutes a day, for 40 days, you'll be transformed from a cowboy to a Christian. Just as the cowboy boss drops off his crew for the day at various spots throughout the ranch, let the Lord drop you off. Try it. Give God the same undivided attention that you give your drive leader every morning. In the next 40 days, He has a plan to change your life. 'For I kw the plans I have for you, ' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and t to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV). Whether you are a working cowboy on a line camp somewhere, or a weekend warrior who simply loves the lifestyle, give Him the opportunity to move in your life. You may t be the cowboy yourself. You may be his wife, mother, father, brother, sister or friend. That's okay, give Him the opportunity to move in your life. You may t be a cowboy at all simply because you are a cowgirl. That's okay, one of my best full-time cowboys is a cowgirl. If that's you, give Him the opportunity to move in your life. For the next 40 days, pull your cinch tight, jig in behind Christ, give Him your undivided attention, and allow Him to drop you off.
- Author BiographyKris Wilson is the Manager of the New Mexico Divisions of Silver Spur Ranches, which includes the historic Bell and TO Ranches. Kris lives with his wife (Cara) and two children (Grady and Josey) on the Bell Ranch. He was born in Eastern New Mexico but raised in the Cross-Timbers area of North Texas. Kris earned an associate's degree from South Plains College, a bachelor's and master's degree from Texas A&M University and doctorate from Texas Tech University. Upon graduation, Kris accepted an assistant professor position at Texas Tech, but after just three years got to fulfill his lifelong dream of working on a large, historic ranch when he accepted a position at Matador Cattle Company. After an incredible year at Matador, Kris and Cara moved to the Bell to manage the division for Silver Spur. In March of 2013, his life got turned on end when Kris learned that he had kidney cancer. Then his life got turned completely upside down in 2014 when he learned that his cancer had metastasized and advanced to Stage IV. Although shaken, Kris decided not to give up hope and instead turned to Jesus Christ to help him endure the chemotherapy, surgeries and radiation that would be required to fight the insidious disease. In the meanwhile, he started a ministry on Facebook called Western Faithbook that has grown to over 7,000 members where he posts weekly Bible studies about how the Lord has led him through his trial. To build on this ministry, Kris followed God's calling to write this book to offer encouragement and Biblical instruction to other cowboys.
- Author(s)Kris Wilson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.