All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A brilliant take on the modern game - Robbie tells it like it is' Rio Ferdinand Robbie Savage is one of Britain's most recognisable football pundits. Incisive, forthright and bold, Savage never holds back where the beautiful game is concerned. No Premier League footballer has ever divided opinion quite like Robbie Savage. Mr Marmite, as he was often kwn (among other things), rampaged his way through almost 350 games in the Premier League and along the way picked up more yellow cards than Gary Lineker has crisps and more enemies than Joey Barton and Neil Warck put together. In his explosive new book, I'll Tell You What..., Savage lifts the lid on all aspects of the modern game. Managers, players, the Premiership, the European game, the FA Cup, kids' football, and pushy football parents are just a few of the topics that Savage takes on in his inimitable provocative style. Robbie tells us why: * Brian Clough, t Sir Alex Ferguson, is the best Manager the world has ever kwn * * As a player, he would have complimented any one of Jose Mourinho's teams * * * Vanity should t be confused with 'Good Grooming' * * You simply can't kck on Mark Hughes' door and invite him for a game of golf - even if he invites you * * Drinking wine does t win you football matches * Coaching badges are ridiculous * * He could never become a manager. Or could he? * * Football is easy * * Good manners should come before diamond earrings * * The League Cup has the edge over the FA Cup Robbie Savage's straight-talking common sense is only the start of it. I'll Tell You What is a modern-day guide to life, and should be read by anyone who has an interest in anything at all, especially football. Few may actually agree with him, but everyone listens.
- Author BiographyDubbed Mr Marmite, Robbie Savage is one of British football's most recognisable figures, following a high-profile 18-season career. After his retirement in 2011, Robbie has carved a successful media career across radio, TV and newspapers, gaining further respect for his forthright opinions on the issues that matter in today's footballing world.
- Author(s)Robbie Savage
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2x 8pp colour plate sections.
- Weight286 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.