All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionHigh school sophomore Megan Morgan is trapped in a dormant period self chosen as armor against the whims of her mother's alcohol addiction. She is inspired to re-enter life by the dramatic intervention of her Uncle Jack with whom Megan has had little prior contact. While Megan's mother seeks therapy for her alcohol dependency in a residential clinic, Jack becomes Megan's guardian and mentor. Although Jack intends only to expose Megan to enriching experiences and adventures, he discovers that t only is Megan developing a crush on him, but that the girl's unfolding dynamic personality is affecting him, too. For a teen, falling in love is a time hored and expected rite of passage, but t for Megan when she realizes that her first romance happens to be with her uncle. Volume 1 of Illicit Liaisons illuminates the positive and negative results of this potent relationship. Volume 1 will stand alone as a portrayal of an unintended but common illicit romance between close family members. It also serves as crucial seque into Volume 2, The Fountain At Ugalini's, wherein Megan encounters two more challenging and destructive events than her entanglement with her uncle. Similarities exist between Illicit Liaisons and the vels The Torn Skirt, She's Come Undone, and One Hundred Strokes of the Brush Before Bed in the personality forming experiences of the female protagonist. However, in those stories adults play a minimal or negative role in the life of the female protagonist. In Illicit Liaisons, many of the adults play a positive and influential role.
- Author BiographyJose Saco is a pseudonym for the author who lives in rural Northwest Pennsylvania. He bases much of his fictional work on his experiences when he worked as a high school teacher, counselor, coach, and sex abuse therapist.
- Author(s)Jose Saco,Richard Read
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight998 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.