All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.31Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionAvner Moriah is a contemporary Israeli artist, best kwn for his striking on-site paintings of Israel's landscapes and his inspiring interpretations of biblical themes. This beautiful book showcases fifty-four pictures, one for each weekly portion (parasha) of the Five Books of Moses, focusing on and visually elucidating particular sections or episodes in the biblical text. Accompanying the pictures is an examination of each of his paintings by Dr. Shulamit Laderman, relating to the particular theme he dwelt on and posing questions for which his visual interpretations might offer answers. The paintings and accompanying texts will t only be sources of interest and pleasure but will also enhance readers' understanding and appreciation of the Bible.
- Author BiographyAvner Moriah is one of the first generation of Israeli-born artists. Moriahs works, which reflect his roots in Western art as well as the atmosphere and inspiration of the Middle East, can be found in the collections of major museums and libraries in the United States and abroad, as well as in private collections around the world. Born in Jerusalem in 1953, Moriah holds a B.F.A. from the Bezalel Academy of Art and Architecture, and an M.F.A from Yale Universitys Graduate School of Art and Architecture. His current project is to create an illuminated Torah the Five Books of Moses of which the Book of Genesis has been completed. This monumental work has already been acquired by the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Vatican, The Library of Congress, Harvard University, Yale University, UCLA, The Jewish Theological Seminary Library, and private collectors. Moriah has also illuminated the Passover Haggadah and Megillat Esther.
- Author(s)Avner Moriah
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight928 g
- Width230 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.