All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy are modern Christians so indistinguishable from everyone else? How come Christians who lived in times of bloody persecution were so heroic, while we who live in safety are t? How could the first Christians fast valiantly, but we feel deprived without dessert? How did New Testament believers pray without ceasing? How could the early Christian martyrs actually forgive their torturers? What did the Christians of the first centuries kw that we don't? That's what this book is about.
- Author BiographyFrederica is a regular columnist for Beliefnet.com and a book reviewer for the Los Angeles Times. She has written hundreds of articles in secular and religious periodicals and has been interviewed extensively in national newspapers, magazines, and television programs, including the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, Newsweek, Time magazine, CNN, MSNBC, and C-SPAN.
- Author(s)Frederica Mathewes-Green
- PublisherParaclete Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationOrleans, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press
- Weight91 g
- Width115 mm
- Height169 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.97Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $34.13Trending at AU $37.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.