All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe midnight sky ripped apart with flames as Jake Reyld's world erupted with sound and light. Bright claws of red and gold reached every direction, destroying everything in their path. Caroline Morgan awoke with a start, realizing this wasn't a dream but a true nightmare. Jake's home was engulfed in flames! Grabbing the first covering she could find, an old trench coat, she hurried into the night. She had been in Jake's living room only hours before, placing the beautiful antique furniture, giving life to his eyes she had never seen there. Now it was all being destroyed bit by bit as the fire raced through the structure. Where was Jake? Was he alive? The heat was unbearable but Caroline pushed forward until she could go further. Still she waited, paced, cried, and prayed for his safety. Time stood still. Jake stepped out of the fire chief's car into the cold night. He wrapped the blanket he had been given tighter around his shoulders. It was all gone. The home he had finally allowed himself with his mother's belongings was destroyed. He had thing left. Suddenly, he heard someone screaming his name! Caroline appeared out of the night, running through the darkness and throwing her arms around him. Jake absorbed the heat of her body. His arms wrapped around the coarse fabric of the coat while his body was only aware of her softness. Satin, bare skin and Caroline. His head reared back! She was barely covered! He yanked the trench coat together. What the hell are you wearing?
- Author BiographyI was born in Mississippi and moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida when I was twelve years old. Florida is home but the Mississippi heritage lives strongly and proudly within my heart. My love of writing began in elementary school when a beloved teacher told me I entertained her with my plots. Throughout my life, I wrote mainly for my own enjoyment. Finally, the day came when I decided to take a chance on other avid readers enjoying my stories. I love nothing better than to prop my feet up on a lazy afternoon and read a book that allows me to escape, get involved in other lives and find out what happens to the fictional people I'm meeting. No deep thinking, no worries, just leisurely relaxation from the rest of my busy world. My first book, Illusions of Truth is exactly that. I reveled in writing it and look forward to sharing other plots in the future. Though prospective attempts may have more complicated plots, they will always have a thread of romance and probably happy endings. Life has taught me that rose colored glasses need to be tossed away but hope for that magical world between two special people is always possible. I have shared the magic with my high school sweetheart for many, many years. You may find us in one of my books but as they say......the names have been changed!
- Author(s)Cynthia Carr Moore
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.