All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionFrom primitive polearms to futuristic machine guns, small arms pack big power. An American symbol of freedom, it is nearly impossible to resist the allure of these feats of mechanical genius. Almost as amazing as their power is their variety: slings and maces, pistols from wheel locks to flintlocks to today's semiautomatics, Colt revolvers, Remington and Winchester rifles, weapons of espionage, and many more. The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Small Arms details more than 1,000 weapons, complete with full-color photographs. Featuring arms from around the world and across history, this stunning guide highlights the intricacies that make each variety unique, tying in fun historical anecdotes as well as the history of certain brands. Whether reading about the seaborne inspiration for Samuel L. Colt's revolvers, or the lozenge-case gun used by Italian spies during World War II, arms enthusiasts will delight in the details. Even better are the photographs, many of which are published here in book form for the first time. A companion to the best-selling Illustrated Encyclopedia of Weaponry, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Small Arms is an excellent resource for gun collectors and admirers alike.
- Author BiographyThunder Bay Press publishes nonfiction, illustrated books that often contain specially commissioned photography. Subjects include architecture, cooking, sports, history, transportation, and nature. From comprehensive reference titles to regional picture books, Thunder Bay Press presents titles of exceptional value and broad market appeal. It is headquartered in San Diego.
- Author(s)Rupert Matthews
- PublisherThunder Bay Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThunder Bay Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2132 g
- Width231 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.