All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis title featuring photographs from the Imperial War Museum. It is a guide to over 100 of the fighters that have helped shape history, including the Fokker Dr. I Triplane, the Hawker Hurricane, the Messerschmitt Bf109, the North American P/F-51 Mustang and the Supermarine Spitfire. It features detailed specification boxes for every aircraft listed, with information about country of origin, first flight, power, armament, size, weights and performance. It includes a history of fighter aircraft, from anecdotes about the first flying aces to fighter armament and equipment during World War II. Since World War I, fighter planes have played a crucial role in history: they have won wars, prevented wars and defended nations from aggressors. This book is a fully illustrated guide to over 100 of these history-making aeroplanes. It contains an A-Z guide to fighters of the two World Wars, and is brimming with information and often rare photographs of classic fighter aircraft, including the Fokker Triplane, the Bristol Fighter, the Spitfire and the P-51 Mustang. With many previously unpublished photographs from the Imperial War Museum Photograph Archive, the book is a must-have reference volume for everyone interested in these aircraft.
- Author BiographyFrancis Crosby worked at the Imperial War Museum's branch at Duxford for many years, and then established a marketing and business development consultancy. He has written extensively on historic aviation.
- Author(s)Francis Crosby
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 250 photographs
- Weight335 g
- Width170 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.