All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIn Iluminaciones, Jack Parsons's seventeenth book, he takes the viewer on a very personal, deeply intuitive journey that reveals how he has honed his photographic vision. The answer is subtle-and remarkable: It is by growing into his own photographs. Here he shares with us ninety-one of his favorite photographs taken over the long arc of his stellar career. The photographs in Iluminaciones were taken all over the world, from the vast expanses of America's desert Southwest to a mosque in Turkey and temples in Laos, Burma, and Japan, of colorful streets in Mexico and Italy to quiet swimming pools in Southern California, from monumental urban landscapes in Eastern Europe to clouds forming over Ireland and Maui. Most of the pictures are of simple, commonplace things and places that we might t give a second glance. Yet Parsons did and in so doing both reveals and celebrates the subtle power and quiet beauty of the everyday. Complemented by the artful commentary of Frederick Turner, Iluminaciones is a stunning visual exploration of the beauty that shines through our world when we take the time to stop and look.
- Author BiographyJack Parsons an experienced cinematographer, is most famous for his elegant photography that captures the visual heritage of the American Southwest. Frederick Turner is the author of twelve books of fiction and non-fiction and the recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation.
- Author(s)Frederick Turner
- PublisherGeorge F. Thompson
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorge F. Thompson
- Weight1451 g
- Width300 mm
- Height312 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Jack Parsons
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.