CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionTrue stories in a time capsule of Ronald Regan's era to the Bush's wrapped in travel, music, sex and Taco Bell. Travel around the World and t get sick...but close to adventure and laughs.
- Author BiographyBlackie Fitzpatrick has lived in Europe for 16 years, and when asked, he's quoted as saying, Goofing off. This is the first book from World Traveler turned writer about what it's like be Anthony Bourdain's daydream of living abroad. Dropping anchor and absorbing the contrasts and similarities of being a part of this awesome planet. American Blackie Fitzpatrick started working at Pan Am in Boston during the Lockerbie Bombing. Facing his fears, he traveled the world and found beauty and pain, a couple of ex-wives, and even got stuck in London and Vienna for eight years each. He's quoted as saying... Both languages are hard to learn. His writing style is not like an academic book full boring facts you can find online, i.e. the highest mountain in the Austrian Alps is Grossglockner at 3798m located somewhere between Munich and the Adriatic Sea, bla, bla, bla... It is full of honest interaction with people. Not tour guides, museums or libraries. Spending most of his adult life in Europe as an artist/ musician/ 'will work for food' open minded type of guy has allowed him insights and an alternative to what most people are saying about the world in America. No propaganda, no stereotypes, no expert analysis...just observations of planet Earth.
- Author(s)Blackie Fitzpatrick
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.