All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese colorful tales are designed to help prepare older siblings for the arrival of a new baby brother or sister. By providing discussion prompts, these books help give parents the language needed to speak to their older children in a way that is supportive, complimentary, and caring. Through a variety of descriptions--from which toys are safe for babies and which are dangerous, to the importance of hand washing and picking up the baby only when a grown up is there to help--Sam and Amanda learn what it means to be a big brother or sister. A discussion about the real-life issue of parents' temporary absence while at the hospital prepares youngsters for what might otherwise be a confusing and frightening time. The books' handy tip sheets succinctly detail hints for supporting the older child and is accompanied by a download link for an MP3, containing upbeat and catchy tunes that emphasize the special bond between brothers and sisters.
- Author BiographyBrenda Bercun is a clinical nurse specialist in child and family mental health, a pediatric nurse-practitioner, and a mother of two. She lives in Larkspur, California. Sue Gross is an illustrator and printmaker. She lives in Carnelain Bay, California.
- Author(s)Brenda Bercun
- PublisherNurturing Your Children Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLarkspur, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNurturing Your Children Press
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight226 g
- Width266 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sue Gross
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.39
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.59
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.32
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.36
- AU $25.41Trending at AU $27.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.