All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $45.29
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.75
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.88
- AU $34.99Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $16.29
- AU $10.71Trending at AU $14.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic collection includes four 'Clue' specials. I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue meets Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol in the Gold Sony Radio Award winner I'm Sorry I Haven't A Christmas Carol. Humph in Wonderland is a throughly daft take on Lewis Carroll. Including 20 minutes of bonus material t heard on transmission, it is also fitting tribute to the late, and much-missed, Humphrey Lyttelton. Anniversary Special celebrates the show's 30th birthday, and includes the hour-long special, plus I'm Sorry I Haven't a Desert Island and the first ever episode of 'Clue'. In Search of Mornington Crescent uncovers the mystery of the ever-popular game, with contributions from well-kwn experts and enthusiasts of the game. 7 CDs. 7 hrs 40 mins.
- Author BiographyI'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue was first broadcast on Radio 4 on Tuesday 11 April 1972, with a pilot edition which had been recorded in November 1971 under a working title of I'm Sorry They're At It Again. The panel consisted of the show's deviser, Graeme Garden, alongside Bill Oddie, Jo Kendall and Tim Brooke-Taylor. From the start, Clue's zany humour delighted listeners. Initial research revealed audience reactions such as 'teams were talented and amusing... an exceptionally fine quiz master - witty, relaxed and a good match for the teams.' One listener, however, complained that he 'hadn't a clue what it was all about' which, given the eventual title of the show, was perhaps an endorsement! The show's many years on air testify to its appeal, which owes much to the wit of the chairman, Humphrey Lyttelton. Humph, as he was affectionately known, was educated at Eton, and he trained at art college before joining the Daily Mail as a cartoonist. An ex-Grenadier Guardsman trumpeter, his reputation as a jazz player was legendary. The regular members of the panel - Tim Brooke-Taylor, Barry Cryer, Graeme Garden and, until his untimely death in December 1996, Willie Rushton - formed a perfect comic quartet. Tim and Graeme previously worked together on I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, the forerunner of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, whilst Barry and Tim appeared together on radio and television in Hello Cheeky. Their wholehearted enthusiasm for such games as Tag Wrestling, Wuthering Hillocks and Cheddar Gorge ensures constant hilarity on the panel and in the studio audience. Of course, the best-known game of all is Mornington Crescent, whose rules have eluded and baffled listeners for years. Other highlights include the lovely Samantha, and Colin Sell at the piano - who, according to Humph, is about to complete his latest album: 'All he needs is the latest set of prints back from Snappy-Snaps...' Humphrey Lyttelton, broadcaster, musician, presenter and master of the double entendre, died on 25 April 2008. After a long and understandable break, Radio 4's antidote to panel games returned on 15 June 2009 for its 51st series. Stephen Fry, Jack Dee and Rob Brydon took it in turns to keep some kind of order, as they chaired this new series without the much-missed Humph, and later the same year Jack Dee took over as the regular host. The Official Stage Tour also continued in 2009 without Humph, with Jack Dee, Rob Brydon and others sharing the chairman's role. I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2012.
- Author(s)BBC,Iain Pattinson
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight423 g
- Width145 mm
- Height128 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Read byBarry Cryer,Graeme Garden,Humphrey Lyttelton,Tim Brooke-Taylor
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time460
- Edition StatementA&M
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.