All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionWhether it s for health, humane, or taste reasons, many young people are vegetarians. This is the perfect book to help them be healthy ones. It provides a history of vegetarianism, advice on balancing one s diet, yummy food ideas, and, best of all, ways to cope with sticky situations. How do you handle the inevitable trips to the local burger joint? How do you resist Grandma s attempts to get you to try just a bit of her famous roast turkey? How do you respond to dire predictions that it s meat that makes you strong? For young people who are vegetarians, or for those who are thinking about making the switch, this is an invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyEllen Schwartz was born in Washington, DC, and now lives with her family in Burnaby, British Columbia. In addition to writing books, she has published dozens of magazine articles and adult short stories. Her stories for children have been published in children s magazines and teaching anthologies. In addition to her work as an author, Ms. Schwartz and her husband run a communications consulting company. She works as a corporate writer, and teaches creative writing at Simon Fraser University and Douglas College. Before becoming a writer, Ms. Schwartz taught special education and the primary grades, and worked as an environmental educator. Farida Zaman has illustrated many books, including several cookbooks.
- Author(s)Ellen Schwartz
- PublisherTundra Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTundra Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width189 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Farida Zaman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.