All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology crosses disciplines to explore the use of images as modes for creative and critical inquiry. Researchers in the fields of literacy, physical education, and special education describe and critique how they have used images with students of various ages and backgrounds to evoke personal interpretations, deconstruct cultural messages, examine processes of oppression, and imagine alternative ways of acting in the world. Through this book, the contributors hope to inspire educators to explore the use of images in critical and creative pedagogy as well as in their personal lives and to encourage researchers to push methodological boundaries through the use of multiple forms of representation (Eisner, 1993).
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Lynn Sanders-Bustle teaches art education at University of Louisiana at Lafayette. She earned her Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from Virginia Tech University. She has published in professional journals devoted to philosophical and literacy topics related to image, inquiry, teacher education, and research. In the past, she has served as an adjunct professor teaching teacher preparation and literacy courses.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number203
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note25 ill.
- Weight290 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byLynn Sanders-Bustle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.