All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionComputer-aided automatic processing of images requires the control of a series of operations, which this book analyzes. Kwing the statistical properties of images, sampling them to reduce the observable world to a series of discrete values, restoring images in order to correct degradations - all these operations are explained here, together with the mathematical tools they require. Topics covered include fractal representation, mathematical morphology, wavelet representations and the detection and description of contours and shapes.
- Author BiographyHenri Maitre is a Professor at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications in Paris, France where he was Head of the Signal and Image Department from 1999 to 2004. His research includes work on image analysis, image understanding and computer vision, and applications in the domain of satellite and aerial image processing. Henri Maitre received the engineering degree from the Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France (71), and the Docteur es Sciences degree in Physics from the University of Paris VI (82).
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleISTE
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight688 g
- Width153 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byHenri Maitre
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.