All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at sport psychology students, researchers and sport psychologists who want to utilise imagery as part of their practice. Introduces the concept of imagery, explaining how it has become a major focus of research in sport psychology, as well as a principal component of psychological skills training in sport. Covers studying sport imagery, applying imagery techniques to sport and rehabilitation, and future directions in research and practice. Describes how imagery techniques are used in sport, looking at the principles and guidelines developed by applied sport psychologists.
- Author BiographyTony Morris is a professor in sport and exercise psychology at Victoria University, Australia. He has been published widely on imagery in sport and is a leading researcher in the field. He is a member of several international bodies including the British Association of Sports Sciences and the International Society of Sport Psychology. Michael Spittle is a lecturer in motor behaviour at the University of Ballarat, Australia. His PhD and subsequent research has focused on various aspects of imagery and mental practice in sport and exercise. Tony Watt is a lecturer in physical education at Victoria University, Australia. He completed a PhD in the assessment of imagery ability in sport and has an ongoing interest in the development and evaluation of psychological measures used in sport psychology.
- Author(s)Anthony P Watt,Michael Spittle,Tony Morris
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight767 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.