All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the later decades, art historical writing has focused strongly on the use and reception of images. The articles of this publication are devoted to two crucial concepts or functions of Christian images in the Middle Ages and post-Reformation period: the image of cult and the image of devotion (Andachtsbild'). The 16 contributors present and discuss visual art and the receptions and functions of pictures in the West (and East) European area from Late Antiquity to the 18th century. Furthermore, they bring into focus a rich Nordic material, which until w has been almost unkwn in the international context. The articles are written in English and German. Contributors: Ake Andren, Henrik von Archen, Martin Blindheim, F.O. Buttner, Peter Dinzelbacher, Helena Edgren, Jens Fleischer, Signe Horn Fuglsang, Poul Grinder-Hansen, Ulla Hastrup, Soren Kaspersen, Ingalill Pegelow, Kees van der Ploeg, Hanne Kolind Poulsen and Aina Trotzig.
- Author BiographySoren Kaspersen is associate professor at the Department of Arts and Cultural Studies, University of Copenhagen.
- PublisherMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintMuseum Tusculanum Press
- Content Note168 colour & b/w illus
- Weight1235 g
- Width255 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited bySoren Kaspersen,Ulla Haastrup
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.