Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionWith a growing population, beautiful scenery and a fantastic atmosphere, Lismore is fast becoming one of the must visit tourist destinations in the South East of Ireland. This book, compiled by local author Eugene Dennis, shows at its very best the town's past and present. It concentrates heavily on pictures of the people and well-kwn features of the town. It features pictures of locals working and playing amidst the beauty and charm of this spectacularly located hamlet. The pictures and images included form part of what the author calls, the people's photographs, those pictures that remain hidden from the outside world, held t in archives but peoples homes and houses. They were collected and sorted by Project SMILE (Snaps, Momentous and Immemorial of Lismore and Environs). This book will appeal to all those who kw Lismore well and are familiar with its people and also those who are only w discovering the beauty of this charming town.
- Author BiographyEugene Dennis became a freelance journalist having taught for many years. He broadcast many Sunday Miscellany scripts on the national radio station, RTE in the 1980s. Along with editorial work, he has written three educational monographs and published two well received poetry collections. A collection of his short stories, Look Back and Wonder , is due out later in 2005. He lives in Cork.
- Author(s)Eugene F. Dennis
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/1976
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of Ireland
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note200 Black & White Images
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.