All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImages of Switzerland: Challenges from the Margins, appearing at a time when Swiss identity is under severe pressure, deals with perceptions of Switzerland held by a variety of mirity groups. A historical review of attitudes to Jews prior to World War Two precedes chrologically essays on recent perceptions of marginalisation in literature written by women, manifestations of the Fremdarbeiter in German-Swiss literature, the outsider in the work of Lukas Hartmann and socially disadvantaged figures in recent Italian-Swiss writing.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Joy Charnley (French) and Malcolm Pender (German) teach in the Department of Modern Languages at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow (GB). In 1996, they set up the Centre for Swiss Cultural Studies there, under the auspices of which 25 Years of Emancipation? Women in Switzerland 1971-1996 was published (Peter Lang 1998).
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/12/1998
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleOccasional Papers in Swiss Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight220 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byJoy Charnley,Malcolm Pender
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.