All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book argues that since 2001 the primary discursive context for articulating a European identity within the EU has increasingly become the idea of a common foreign policy for Europe. A new grand project of making Europe a true global player is being put forth and it is this as yet unrealised ideal that European citizens are w being asked to identify with. The author examines European identity as an ideological construction that seeks to elicit emotional and affective attachment to the political project of realising a utopian ideal. He unravels the discourses involved in the construction of European identity by drawing on theories and methods from discourse analysis, the study of political myths, narratology and psychoanalysis. The European Neighbourhood Policy is studied in detail, with a focus on the dynamic challenges that ensue when grand ideological statements have to be implemented in a concrete and specific context.
- Author BiographyChristoffer Kolvraa is Associate Professor at the Institute for History and Area Studies, Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Author(s)Christoffer Kolvraa
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication07/02/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleEurope Plurielle/Multiple Europes
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2012
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Weight380 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.