All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an international team of experts from the Tara Oceans Marine Biology Imaging Platform (TAOMI), this is the first and only compendium on marine imaging techlogies, and includes all kwn underwater as well as on-land techniques. TAOMI is imaging the largest collection of marine organisms in recent history, ranging from viruses to corals, and is duplicated on land to perform high throughput confocal analysis of plankton, X-ray tomography as well as cryo-electron microscopy. This unique platform combines underwater imaging with cytometry, stereomicroscopy, fluorescence microscopy and 3D microscopy - all of which are covered in this practical book, along with remote sensing, MRI, and optical projection tomography. The definitive resource for every marine biologist who is planning to image marine species, whether underwater or on land.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel G. Reynaud is heading the Tara Oceans Marine biology Imaging platform (TAOMI). Having obtained his PhD in Life Sciences from the University of Paris XI/Orsay, he spent most of his career working the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg Germany where he developed new optical method applied to biology including laser nanosurgery approaches. He was also involved in the development of the Light Sheet based Fluorescence Microscopy as a member of the Light Microscopy Group headed by Ernst H.K. Stelzer at EMBL. The TAOMI platform is on board the schooner Tara for a three years circumnavigation of the world ocean to collect and image the largest collection of marine species spanning from viruses to corals. This unique platform is duplicated on land to perform high throughput confocal analysis of plankton, X-ray tomography as well as cryo-electron microscopy. TAOMI combines underwater imaging with cytometry, stereomicroscopy, fluorescence microscopy and 3D microscopy.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width174 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byEmmanuel G. Reynaud
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.