Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
About this product
- DescriptionEach year during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, Indonesian television stations adopt Muslim themes in virtually all of their programs, ranging from religious teaching to quiz programs to cooking shows to soap operas. The latter are Muslim-themed serials featuring melodramatic stories about upper- and middle-class women with an emphasis on prayer and devoutness. This study investigates how these serials have contributed to constructing images of contemporary Islamic culture and urban Muslim women in Indonesia. Using textual analysis and audience ethgraphy, the author shows how women and Islam have been framed by the media in transitional Indonesia.
- Author(s)Rachmah Ida
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication25/08/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Weight137 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5499 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.