All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an overview on the critical role of diagstic imaging in the assessment of patients with suspected alimentary tract perforation, an emergent condition that requires prompt surgery. With the aid of numerous high-quality images, it is described how different imaging modalities, including plain film X-ray, ultrasography and multidetector row computed tomography (MDCT), permit correct diagsis of the presence and cause of the perforation and of associated pathologies. Particular attention is paid to MDCT, with full description of its role in a range of scenarios at various levels of the alimentary tract. Imaging of GI tract perforation in different patient groups, such as pediatric patients, the elderly and oncologic patients, is also addressed. This volume will greatly assist residents in radiology, radiologists and physicians who are daily involved in the management of patients with clinically suspected alimentary tract perforation.
- Author BiographyProfessor Luigia Romano is Head of the Department of Radiology, Cardarelli Hospital, Naples, Italy. She has attended 420 national and international scientific congresses and 400 meetings as a guest speaker. She has also organized many radiological emergency meetings and management courses. Professor Romano is the author or co-author of 340 papers in national and international journals, 27 book chapters and 12 books. She is a past president of the Emergency Radiology Section of the Italian Medical Radiological Society (SIRM) and has served on the editorial board of La Radiologia Medica (SIRM's journal). Dr. Antonio Pinto is a radiologist in the Emergency Department, Section of Radiology, Cardarelli Hospital, Naples, Italy. His main focus is on clinical activity in emergency radiology and particularly diagnostic, emergency, gastrointestinal radiology and medico-legal issues in radiology. He is the author of two books and a co-author of 35 book chapters and he has published 130 journal articles. He is also a reviewer for European Radiology, the Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, Emergency Radiology, The Journal of Trauma, Injury, Infection and Critical Care, Medical Science Monitor and World Journal of Radiology. Actually he serves as Editorial Assistant for La Radiologia Medica and he is the President of the SIRM Section of Ethics and Forensic Radiology.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/10/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note100 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight514 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byAntonio Pinto,Luigia Romano
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.