Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $11.45Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe current education climate has brought the development of classroom drama as an art form to a standstill. Practitioners need to make a qualitative leap forward in both theory and practice in order to respond to the cultural demands of the times. By linking the best of the ground-breaking work of Dorothy Heathcote and Gavin Bolton with the pioneering developments in theatre form by the playwright Edward Bond, David Davis identifies a possible way forward. In part one he critiques present drama in education - Mantle of the Expert approaches, conventions drama forms and post-dramatic theatre. In part two he restates and develops the best practice of the last fifty years, centring on the key importance of 'living through' drama. In part three he applies the new drama/theatre form of Edward Bond to begin building a new theory of drama in education and so transform classroom practice. Imagining the Real will be essential reading for drama students at first and higher degree level, students on initial courses of teacher education, drama teachers, lecturers in higher and further education and theatre workers generally.
- Author BiographyDavid Davis is Professor of Drama in Education at Birmingham City University, where he founded the International Centre for Studies in Drama in Education.
- Author(s)David Davis
- PublisherInstitute of Education Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationStoke-on-Trent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTrentham Books Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.