All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.38Trending at AU $21.32
- AU $41.05Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.28
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.19
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.58
- AU $13.64Trending at AU $14.15
- AU $27.94Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe newly updated edition of David Wondrich's definitive guide to classic American cocktails. Cocktail writer and historian David Wondrich presents the colorful, little-kwn history of classic American drinks--and the ultimate mixologist's guide--in this engaging homage to Jerry Thomas, father of the American bar. <p/> Wondrich reveals never-before-published details and stories about this larger-than-life nineteenth-century figure, along with definitive recipes for more than 100 punches, cocktails, sours, fizzes, toddies, slings, and other essential drinks, along with detailed historical and mixological tes. <p/> The first edition, published in 2007, won a James Beard Award. Now updated with newly discovered recipes and historical information, this new edition includes the origins of the first American drink, the Mint Julep (which Wondrich places before the American Revolution), and those of the Cocktail itself. It also provides more detail about 19th century spirits, many new and colorful anecdotes and details about Thomas's life, and a number of particularly table, delicious, and influential cocktails t covered in the original edition, rounding out the picture of pre-Prohibition tippling. <p/> This colorful and good-humored volume is a must-read for anyone who appreciates the timeless appeal of a well-made drink-and the uniquely American history behind it.
- Author BiographyDavid Wondrich is one of the world's foremost authorities on cocktails and their history, and one of the founders of the current craft cocktail movement. Esquire's long-time Cocktail Correspondent, he also writes for a host of other magazines on the subject, and when he's not writing about it, he's probably lecturing on it--or resting his liver. Dr. Wondrich holds a Ph.D. in comparative literature, is the winner of five Tales of the Cocktail Spirit Awards for his writing and is a partner in Beverage Alcohol Resource, the world's leading advanced education program in spirits and cocktails. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)David Wondrich
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Most relevant reviews
- kynochfamily26 Jan, 2017by
David Wondrich is the guru of cocktail history and a very engaging writer. If you want to know the history of cocktails go no further this is THE book
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.