All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionPublished in 1785, the Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals is one of the most powerful texts in the history of ethical thought. In this book, Immanuel Kant formulates and justifies a supreme principle of morality that issues universal and unconditional moral commands. These commands receive their rmative force from the fact that rational agents automously impose the moral law upon themselves. As such, they are laws of freedom. This volume contains the first facing-page German-English edition of Kant's Groundwork. It presents an authentic edition of the German text and a carefully revised version of Mary Gregor's acclaimed English translation, as well as editorial tes and a full bilingual index. It will be the edition of choice for any student or scholar who is t content with reading this central contribution to modern moral philosophy through the veil of English translation.
- Author BiographyJens Timmermann is Senior Lecturer in Moral Philosophy at the University of St Andrews. He is the author of Kant's 'Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals': A Commentary (Cambridge University Press, 2007) and of Kant's 'Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals': A Critical Guide (Cambridge University Press, 2010).
- Author(s)Immanuel Kant
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- Series TitleThe Cambridge Kant German-English Edition
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.