All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionBrazil's Letter of discovery, Carta a El Rei D. Manuel (1500) by Pero Vaz de Caminha, continues to merit critical analysis. This book considers the Carta as a journey beyond the boundaries of conventional consciousness into a jungle or outback. Immaterial Transcendences details how the writing in the Carta carries on the process of colonial subjectivity by examining the function of stutters in the discourse. Lifting the masks of whiteness and Amerindianness (Otherness) in the text, it traces the agony of presence and active resistance of the Other as process (Othering), giving critical consideration of the Carta a completely new focus.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Constance G. Janiga-Perkins is Associate Professor of Spanish at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. She received her Ph.D. in Hispanic literature from Indiana University. In addition to numerous articles in professional journals, she has spoken widely on colonial Brazil.
- Author(s)Constance G. Janiga-Perkins
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- Series TitleWor(L)Ds of Change: Latin American and Iberian Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number51
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight320 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.