All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines fiction and nfiction texts from the period 1830 to 1860 to demonstrate how major and mir American writers constructed their country's identity by contrasting their own characteristics with those of innumerable immigrants. Confronted with newcomers whose cultural and social background made them appear more alien than their predecessors, American writers reconsidered their nation's democracy and republicanism, together with its cultural and ethnic heritage, in a context of heated scientific and popular debates about race.
- Author BiographyLeonardo Buonomo is associate professor of American literature at the University of Trieste.
- Author(s)Leonardo Buonomo
- PublisherFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Weight331 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.