All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides clinical strategies for working with immigrant and ethnically diverse patients and their offspring while drawing observations from the humanities to reveal truths about the psychological impact of immigration. Each aspect of the life of an immigrant is explored, shedding light on the complexities of work, friendship, sex, marriage, aging, religion, and politics.
- Author BiographySalman Akhtar is professor of psychiatry at Jefferson Medical College and Training and Supervising Analyst at the Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia. His books include Immigration and Identity, Freud and the Far East, and The Crescent and the Couch.
- Author(s)Salman Akhtar
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight467 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.