CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis paper aims to analyze the impediments involved in integration of the FATA in the national mainstream of Pakistan with a view to make suitable recommendations. This paper briefly discusses the historical background and provides a short overview of the administrative, judicial, political and socio-ecomic aspects of the FATA. In assessing the underlying causes of the FATA problem, this paper suggests a significant change to the FATA's status quo as an essential and effective measure. To understand the FATA conundrum, case studies of handling Pashtuns residing in the region of the NWF by British, Soviets and later by Pakistan have been done. It has provided a better understanding and apt analysis of the current situation. The paper also addresses the concerns of Pakistan on the involvement of foreign hand in destabilizing the situation inside the FATA and other parts of Pakistan. As the credibility of such like information is always difficult to ascertain; therefore, occasional release of related news in the media and comments of senior Pakistani officials and journalist have been used as base facts for drawing relevant conclusion. The world at large and Pakistanis in particular have to unveil forces working behind the scenes in the FATA. In addition, an effective reform package with a potent media campaign is required to go in to the FATA, thereby t only making the locals aware of the sensitivity of the problem of extremism coupled with terrorism in their society but to make the reminder of Pakistanis also realize that the FATA requires a national effort of integration which cant be left to only one component of government i.e. Army and other LEAs.
- Author(s)Muhammad T Ghafoor
- Date of Publication13/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight195 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.