Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice Over IP and QoS (CVoice) Foundation Learning Guide: (CCNP Voice CVoice 642-437) by Kevin Wallace (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.71+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionImplementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS (CVOICE) Foundation Learning Guide Foundation Learning for the CCNP(R) Voice (CVOICE) 642-437 Exam Kevin Wallace, CCIE(R) No. 7945 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Voice over IP and QoS (CVOICE) Foundation Learning Guide is a Cisco(R)-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNP Voice foundation learning. Developed in conjunction with the Cisco CCNP Voice certification team, it covers all aspects of planning, designing, and deploying Cisco VoIP networks and integrating gateways, gatekeepers, and QoS into them. Updated throughout for the new CCNP Voice (CVOICE) Version 8.0 exam (642-437), this guide teaches you how to implement and operate gateways, gatekeepers, Cisco Unified Border Element, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, and QoS in a voice network architecture. Coverage includes voice gateways, characteristics of VoIP call legs, dial plans and their implementation, basic implementation of IP phones in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment, and essential information about gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Element. The book also provides information on voice-related QoS mechanisms that are required in Cisco Unified Communications networks. Fourteen video lab demonstrations on the accompanying CD-ROM walk you step by step through configuring DHCP servers, CUCME autoregistration, ISDN PRI circuits, PSTN dial plans, DID, H.323 and MGCP gateways, VoIP dial peering, gatekeepers, COR, AutoQoS VoIP, and much more. Whether you are preparing for CCNP Voice certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of VoIP and QoS, you will benefit from the foundation information presented in this book. - Voice gateways, including operational modes, functions, related call leg types, and routing techniques - Gateway connections to traditional voice circuits via analog and digital interfaces - Basic VoIP configuration, including A/D conversion, encoding, packetization, gateway protocols, dial peers, and transmission of DTMF, fax, and modem tones - Supporting Cisco IP Phones with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express - Dial plans, including digit manipulation, path selection, calling privileges, and more - Gatekeepers, Cisco Unified Border Elements, and call admission control (CAC) configuration - QoS issues and mechanisms - Unique DiffServ QoS characteristics and mechanisms - Cisco AutoQoS configuration and operation Companion CD-ROM The CD-ROM that accompanies this book contains 14 video lab demonstrations running approximately 90 minutes. This book is in the Foundation Learning Guide Series. These guides are developed together with Cisco(R) as the only authorized, self-paced learning tools that help networking professionals build their understanding of networking concepts and prepare for Cisco certification exams.
- Author BiographyKevin Wallace, CCIE No. 7945, is a certified Cisco instructor and holds multiple Cisco certifications, including the CCSP, CCVP, CCNP, and CCDP, in addition to multiple security and voice specializations. With Cisco experience dating back to 1989 (beginning with a Cisco AGS+ running Cisco IOS 7.x), Kevin has been a network design specialist for the Walt Disney World Resort, a senior technical instructor for SkillSoft/Thomson NETg/KnowledgeNet, and a network manager for Eastern Kentucky University. Kevin holds a bachelor's of science degree in electrical engineering from the University of Kentucky. Also, Kevin has authored multiple books for Cisco Press, including CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide, Routing Video Mentor, and the Video Mentor component of the TSHOOT 642-832 Cert Kit, all of which target the current CCNP certification. Kevin lives in central Kentucky with his wife, Vivian, and two daughters, Stacie and Sabrina. You can follow Kevin online through the following social media outlets: ' Web page: http://1ExamAMonth.com ' Facebook Fan Page: Kevin Wallace Networking ' Twitter: http://twitter.com/kwallaceccie ' YouTube: http://youtube.com/kwallaceccie ' Network World blog: http://nww.com/community/wallace ' iTunes: 1ExamAMonth.com Podcast
- Author(s)Kevin Wallace
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCisco Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1400 g
- Width193 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.