All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical book builds on the strengths of An introduction To Excellence in Practice Development in Health and Social Care , which provided essential information on practice development. This book considers practice issues in healthcare and explores the key issues and factors which influence the workings of a healthcare organization. McSherry and Warr examine how these issues can be addressed through collaborative working and user focused care and how individuals can best work to improve their healthcare services. The emphasis is on how the organization and those who work within it contribute to the excellence of the healthcare organization and the care it gives. McSherry and Warr highlight the tools and techniques that all healthcare staff need to be successful employees and what strategies managers need when ensuring excellence in practice. Topics covered include: management and leadership; ethics; equity; governance; user-involvement; team working; and, interprofessional excellence. The book includes case examples, real-life practice and reflective exercises, as well as the key models needed to inform delivery of excellence. This book is key reading for anyone studying healthcare management, health services or other upper level courses in healthcare delivery. The focus on multiprofessional working also makes the book accessible to a wide variety of healthcare professionals.
- Author BiographyRob McSherry is Professor of Nursing and Practice Development at Teesside University, UK. He is highly experienced in the field of evidence-based healthcare, clinical governance and practice development. Jerry Warr is Reader in Practice Development in the Institute of Health and Community Studies at Bournemouth University, UK.
- Author(s)Jerry Warr,Rob McSherry,Robert McSherry
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables, diagrams, figures
- Weight247 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.