Implementing Lean Manufacturing: An Operations Managers Guide by John W. Davis (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDivided into three basic sections, this unique resource provides a hands-on approach to implementing Lean manufacturing, pointing out the stumbling blocks and pitfalls to avoid. Its goal is to help American manufacturing more effectively go about the task of making Lean a viable process. The significance of the work is that, if followed, it could change the entire course of how Lean Manufacturing is implemented in the United States and help manufacturing, in general, to become more competitive on a world wide scale. The first section addresses the typical difficulties that manufacturing operations in the United States have with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing - pointing to three basic issues which if addressed and resolved, would serve to move the process forward in a much more rapid and effective manner. The second section focuses on how to fully resolve the issues ted and details four levels of Lean Implementation and how they can be measured, in terms of progress. The third section deals with the more advanced aspects of Lean Manufacturing, including such things as how to engage administrative and supporting functions in the process (Accounting, Materials, Sales and Marketing, etc.); how and why to perform a Core Process Analysis (in order to decide which processes should be considered for outsourcing); how to incorporate 'Owner-Operators' in the process; and, the importance of 18 month rolling implementation plan and more. It is sure to be found useful by manufacturing executives and managers at the factory level, as well as students in a Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering curriculum. This title provides readers with a clear path to inserting Lean in a manufacturing operation and a step by step approach to getting there. It includes numerous charts, graphs and window diagrams associated with the 'how to' - along with specific training and schedules. It offers some unique insight into where Toyota placed a very important focus verses what is typically understood and/or accepted as the general path of implementation it took. It contains a list of important 'Key Reflections' at the end of each chapter.
- Author(s)John W. Davis
- PublisherIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndustrial Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.