All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionSoftware Defined Radio makes wireless communications easier, more efficient, and more reliable. This book bridges the gap between academic research and practical implementation. When beginning a project, practicing engineers, technical managers, and graduate students can save countless hours by considering the concepts presented in these pages. The author covers the myriad options and trade-offs available when selecting an appropriate hardware architecture. As demonstrated here, the choice between hardware- and software-centric architecture can mean the difference between meeting an aggressive schedule and bogging down in endless design iterations. Because of the author's experience overseeing dozens of failed and successful developments, he is able to present many real-life examples. Some of the key concepts covered are: Choosing the right architecture for the market - laboratory, military, or commercial, Hardware platforms - FPGAs, GPPs, specialized and hybrid devices, Standardization efforts to ensure interoperability and portabilitym State-of-the-art components for radio frequency, mixed-signal, and baseband processing. The text requires only minimal kwledge of wireless communications; whenever possible, qualitative arguments are used instead of equations. An appendix provides a quick overview of wireless communications and introduces most of the concepts the readers will need to take advantage of the material. An essential introduction to SDR, this book is sure to be an invaluable addition to any technical bookshelf.
- Author BiographyDr. Grayver is a Senior Engineering Specialist at the Aerospace Corporation.
- Author(s)Eugene Grayver
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note29 black & white tables, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.