All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the third in a series dedicated to Standardized Work, focuses on process improvement. Implementing Standardized Work: Process Improvement begins by explaining why standardization and process improvement are two sides of the same coin-both needing each other to achieve true sustainability. Describing how to use Standardized Work forms to identify easy opportunities for process improvement, the book includes simple tools and forms that readers can use to achieve quick improvements to boost morale and sustain motivation during the work ahead. Maintaining a focus on process improvement, it covers essential kwledge using a compelling story format. Following in the tradition of other books in The One-Day Expert series, this book tells the story of Thomas, a young, high-potential plant manager in an industrial group. In this installment, Thomas opens a new front line in his quest to turn around the plant's inefficiency. He tries a new type of relationship with the labor union based on mutual trust and constructive partnership, while negotiating a competitiveness plan. Readers will also see how he continues to push for the implementation of Standardized Work. Covering the essential methods and tools of process improvement in a manner that is easy to understand, this book can help you become familiar with the key concepts of Standardized Work and process improvement in just one day. That means you can read the book and immediately start implementing improvements that produce quick wins. The book's clear examples and illustrations will guide you through proper application of the techniques discussed.
- Author BiographyAlain Patchong is the assembly director at Faurecia Automotive Seating, France. He also holds the title of master expert in assembly processes. He was previously the industrial engineering manager for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa at Goodyear in Luxembourg. In this position, he developed training materials and led a successful initiative for the deployment of Standardized Work in several Goodyear plants. Before joining Goodyear, he worked with PSA Peugeot Citroen for 12 years, where he developed and implemented methods for manufacturing systems engineering and production line improvement. He also led Lean implementations within PSA weld factories. He teaches at Ecole Centrale Paris and Ecole Superieure d'Electricite, two French engineering schools. He was a finalist of the INFORMS' (Institute for Operations Research and Management Science) Edelman Competition in 2002 and a visiting scholar at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2004. He is the author of several articles published in renowned journals. His work has been used in engineering and business school courses around the world.
- Author(s)Alain Patchong
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.