All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionImplementing and Assessing Use-Driven Acquisitions provides a practical methodology for setting up a use-driven acquisitions plan (UDA) to acquire access to print and e-books for users in academic and special libraries. Each chapter offers specific steps and check-lists libraries can use to develop worthwhile and comprehensive use-driven acquisition plans (also kwn as demand-driven acquisitions) that fit into the collection development and budgeting objectives of the library. The book proposes methods to assess cost and usage of the content received to determine effectiveness and potential modifications to UDA plans.
- Author BiographySteven Carrico is the Chair of the Acquisitions Department, University of Florida Smathers Libraries, with an avid interest in collection development, library budgeting, e-books, and patron-driven acquisitions plans. With multiple publications to his credit on a variety of topics, Steven has presented at the American Library Association, Association of College & Research Libraries, and Charleston library conferences. Michelle Leonard is a tenured associate university librarian in the Marston Science Library, University of Florida. In 2006, Michelle developed the original UF Libraries Books on Demand project through Interlibrary loan and subsequently course reserves. Since 2009, Michelle has conducted research on collection metrics and presented her research at several national and international conferences. Erin Gallagher is the E-Resources and Serials Librarian at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. Prior to this, Erin spent three and a half years as a Collections Consultant with Ingram Coutts, a leader in academic library services. While with Ingram Coutts, Erin collaborated closely with academic libraries in the United States and Canada to develop and manage their PDA programs, and partnered with the Florida State University System to launch their 11-institution consortium PDA in 2013. Erin has published and presented on PDA projects at conferences such as Charleston and the American Association of Law Libraries Annual.
- Author(s)Erin Gallagher,Michelle Leonard,Steven Carrico
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitlePractical Guides for Librarians
- Series Part/Volume Number23
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight508 g
- Width214 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.