All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe implicit function theorem is one of the most important theorems in analysis and its many variants are basic tools in partial differential equations and numerical analysis. This second edition of Implicit Functions and Solution Mappings presents an updated and more complete picture of the field by including solutions of problems that have been solved since the first edition was published, and places old and new results in a broader perspective. The purpose of this self-contained work is to provide a reference on the topic and to provide a unified collection of a number of results which are currently scattered throughout the literature. Updates to this edition include new sections in almost all chapters, new exercises and examples, updated commentaries to chapters and an enlarged index and references section.
- Author BiographyAsen L. Dontchev is a Professor at the Department of Mathematics at the University of Michigan. R. Tyrrell Rockafellar is a Professor at the Department of Mathematics at the University of Washington and at the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at the University of Florida.
- Author(s)Asen L. Dontchev,R. Tyrrell Rockafellar
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/06/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Operations Research and Financial Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight901 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.