All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on a wide range of empirical data, the volume presents a thorough discussion of impoliteness and power in language. It addresses the ermous imbalance that exists between academic interest in politeness phemena when compared to impoliteness phemena, and it offers inspiration for research on impoliteness, conflict and aggression in many different academic fields of enquiry, both within linguistics and beyond.
- Author BiographyDerek Bousfield, University of Huddersfield, UK; Miriam A. Locher, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication15/07/2008
- Series TitleLanguage, Power and Social Process [LPSP]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 21
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDerek Bousfield,Miriam A. Locher
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.