Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionClaude Monet's painting Impression, Sunrise, first exhibited in 1874, established him as the leader of the Impressionist movement in France. The invative style of Monet and the other Impressionist painters (including Pierre-Auguste Reir, Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Paul Cezanne, and Camille Pissarro) broke from past traditions of figurative painting. Impressionists used short brushstrokes and juxtaposed color and light in new ways that captured fleeting moments, or impressions, of a scene. Impressions of Monet introduces young readers to the everyday details of the painter's life and family, and follows his artistic development to the culmination of his career, the water-lily series he painted during his final years at Giverny. Monet t only created great beauty, he laid the foundations of modern art.
- Author BiographySusanna Deiss, freelance writer and editor, worked for over ten years in Public Television. Her other experience includes editing for MIT Press, McGraw-Hill, Inc., and W. H. Freeman & Co. She has published non-fiction articles in Boston Magazine and other venues. She co-authored Justa, a novel set in Ancient Rome. She also has written two children's books, Harmony, the Happy Bear and Renoir: The Magic of Childhood.
- Author(s)Susanna Deiss
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.