Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.00+ AU $5.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionIts 11 September 1683, Rome. The citizens of the city wait anxiously for the outcome of the battle for Vienna as Ottoman forces lay siege to the defenders of Catholic Europe. Meanwhile, a suspected outbreak of plague causes a famous Roman tavern to be placed under quarantine. One of its detainees, the mysterious Atto Melani, a spy in the service of France, discovers a secret passage leading deep into the Roman underworld. A plot to assassinate the pope and plans to use the plague as a weapon of mass destruction in the battle between Islam and the West are discovered. Meticulously researched and brilliantly conceived, Imprimatur contains startling revelations that have been concealed for centuries, drawing on original papers discovered in the Vatican archives. A thriller in the vein of Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose , this vel sheds new light on the power struggles of 17th-century Europe, the repercussions of which are still felt today.First published to great controversy in Italy in 2002, Imprimatur was boycotted by the Italian press and publishing world. Despite this, the vel has gained European bestseller status; it has been translated into 20 languages with editions published in 45 countries. Over 1 million copies have been sold to date.
- Author BiographyRita Monaldi was born in 1966 and is an expert in the history of religions. Her husband Francesco Sorti was born in 1964 and has a background in musicology. Both Rita and Francesco have worked as journalists, but in recent years they have collaborated on several historical novels including Imprimatur and its sequels Secretum and Veritas. They live with their two young children in Vienna and Rome.
- Author(s)Francesco Sorti,Rita Monaldi
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication25/04/2008
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited
- Out-of-print date29/04/2016
- Weight789 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.