All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe availability of combination antiretroviral therapy has changed the lives of millions of people living with HIV (PLWH), for whom a once fatal infection can w be a manageable chronic disease. Yet only 30 percent of PLWH in the United States are virally suppressed, and significant gaps in access to care persist. While programs to boost linkage to and retention in HIV care are critical to improving the health of PLWH, efforts to evaluate these programs are surprisingly scarce. Using cutting-edge implementation science, this book tackles the issue of how to better link and retain PLWH in ongoing primary medical care. A multipart case study examines successful strategies and provides detailed profiles of the organizations involved and their processes for reaching, linking, and retaining PLWH. Barriers to and facilitators of implementation are explored qualitatively, network analysis is used to assess changes in interagency collaboration among organizations serving PLWH, and evidence-based recommendations are offered for improving linkage to HIV care in the US.
- Author BiographyKriti M. Jain is an evaluation and research manager at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. David R. Holtgrave is a professor and the chair of the Department of Health, Behavior, and Society at the Bloomberg School. Cathy Maulsby is an assistant scientist at the Bloomberg School. J. Janet Kim is a doctoral student at Tufts University's Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. At the time of writing, Rose Zulliger and Meredith Massey were doctoral students in public health at the Bloomberg School. Vignetta Charles is the senior chief science officer at ETR.
- Author(s)Cathy Maulsby,David R. Holtgrave,J. Janet Kim,Kriti M. Jain,Meredith Massey,Rose Zulliger,Vignetta Charles
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note12, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.