All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionEffective teaching methods need to be supported by psychology solidly based in cognitive concepts. The theory to guide instruction is cognitive psychology. The concepts in this book lead the teacher to develop a theory of instruction as opposed to operating on intuition. The theory based on psychological concepts allows the teacher develop applications which fit their style. Evidenced based concepts are presented in this book oriented to what teachers do to plan and deliver instruction. To support those ideas the book provides a strong application of intrinsic motivation.
- Author BiographyHarold Jones has been an elementary teacher, middle school math and science teacher and a high school math teacher. After a career in K-12 teaching he became a teacher educator at the university level. He has experience in rural schools as well as urban schools. A year of work with the Santee Sioux provided him a first hand experience with native Americans. During his college level work he became very interested in translating cognitive psychology as a basis for teaching methods which is the impetus for this book.
- Author(s)Harold Jones
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight317 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.