All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach book in this series features 15 comprehension passages. Each passage is accompanied by three differentiated comprehension worksheets - one sheet aimed at lower ability pupils, one aimed at the middle range and one for higher ability. It is envisaged that teachers may well end up using two of the three worksheets with each child as progress is made. The books cover a variety of genres and styles e.g. fiction, n-fiction, poetry, newspaper reports, etc. Some passages are taken from existing literature by well-kwn authors and some are original pieces written by the authors. The carefully worded questions include those with obvious answers to provide practice in writing clear, well-punctuated sentences, and those with less obvious answers so that higher ability pupils will need to 'read between the lines'. Once completed the worksheets will also provide evidence for teachers when monitoring pupils' progress and assessing their level. The series addresses strands 7 and 8 of the new Primary Framework for literacy, which refer to understanding, interpreting, engaging with and responding to texts, and also strands 11 and 12, which are concerned with sentence structure, punctuation and presentation.
- Author BiographyAndrew Brodie was a head teacher for twelve years after many successful years in the primary classroom. He began writing his best selling educational books in 1992 and since then has established himself as a name that teachers have come to trust. He is still very much involved in education and continues to teach on a regular basis.
- Author(s)Andrew Brodie
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleImproving Comprehension
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndrew Brodie Publications
- Content NoteBlack and white
- Weight298 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM and Paperback
- Interest Agefrom 9 to 11
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.